Filetransfer Appliance —
End of Life & End of Support Notification
The Filetransfer Appliance has been End of Life since the 1st of September 2012, and End of Support since the 31st of December, 2013.
What being End of Life and End of Support means for existing installations is:
- Existing Installation will continue to operate as before.
- There will be no further updates to the legacy Filetransfer appliance. The last version there will ever be is v1.8.10. The last functionality update was in April 2012 and the last Operating System update was in May 2010.
- All support sites like the documentation site, license and update server and support access system have been shut down and are no longer available.
- If you have any issues with something on a legacy Filetransfer system, we will not be able to assist. Please migrate to LiquidFiles to stay on a supported release we will be able to assist with.
- The only question we will be able to answer in regards to the legacy Filetransfer appliance is how to migrate to LiquidFiles, which is explained in the LiquidFiles Migration FAQ
- You won't be able to install any new legacy Filetransfer appliances installations any more — the legacy license server has been turned off so it's no longer possible to validate the license during installation.
- You won't be able to do an in-place update using Admin → Update — the legacy update server has been turned off. To update to the last legacy Filetransfer appliance version (v1.8.10), please download the legacy upgrade ISO from https://license.liquidfiles.com/legacy_downloads/, boot from it and select (u)pgrade. You need to be logged in as the legacy license owner to be able to download the legacy ISO.
What happens with my existing Filetransfer licenses?
In short: almost nothing!
- You can use your existing license key with the Filetransfer appliance or with LiquidFiles v2.x. You can't run two production systems with the same license key, regardless of if it's LiquidFiles or the Filetransfer appliance. This is the same limitation as before. You can't use your legacy license key with LiquidFiles v3.x and later.
- You can renew the maintenance on your existing license for as long as you need. There are no plans to increase the cost for maintenance on existing licenses.
- With LiquidFiles, you will need a license with a valid maintenance to send files. With the Filetransfer Appliance you could send files but not update to the latest release.
- For a Legacy (Filetransfer Appliance) Standard licenses (non Pro), there is no longer any file size limit in LiquidFiles. The limit in the Filetransfer appliance was 2 Gb files. The Legacy Standard licenses will not be able to use the Filedrop functionality, the API or any plugins in LiquidFiles (same limit as in the Filetransfer appliance).
- All features that existed in the Legacy Filetransfer Appliance are enabled in LiquidFiles with the legacy license. You can migrate to a LiquidFiles license to enable additional features.
- All license maintenance payments and license migration are now available at: https://license.liquidfiles.com.
- Migration instructions to LiquidFiles are available here: Migration of Legacy Filetransfer Appliance to LiquidFiles.